Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Academics



Today was the first day of the new semester. I'll be taking some subjects that are completely new and unfamiliar to me--GIS for instance. I'm already impressed with what a powerful tool GIS can be, with a very wide range of practical applications. Today my husband also got his paper published. It's based on his PhD research on children and nature and is published in the online journal Children, Youth and Environment, it's entitled "Fostering Children’s Connections to Natural Places through Cultural and Natural History Storytelling".
Here's, for no particular reason, an amusing little brush and ink sketch of Ernest, a somewhat mischievous and moody little cat. I was going to post a sketch of turtles mating, but I'll have to save that for another time, as the file is too large.

No comments: